Thursday, February 7, 2013

And the World Keeps Spinning...

I'm living in Utah now. After living in California my whole life, I decided to move to the motherland: Provo, Utah. Its definitely been a journey. Not just getting here, but being here as well. It all started with a low point, as I'm sure most stories do. I think low points in life are the most significant, most life changing. Have you ever felt like the world stopped spinning? As if every day was the same? When I say low point, I'm talking about the point you reach in your life where the roses stop smelling good, where the birds stop chirping, where the skies are always grey and where one minute seems like one year. A low point where it seems as though not even Disneyland has any magic anymore. Well, I realized I was done being sad. Being without emotion. I wanted to cry, I wanted to laugh. I wanted to hug and be hugged. I wanted someone to care. If I learned anything during this time in my life, I learned that Heavenly Father really does hear your prayers and he will send you angels.

Me, Courtney

 Courtney Ngayan was my angel at the time. Kind of ironic actually. Never in a million year would I have thought she would be the one to change my life. Long story short, she literally dragged me to the right place at the right time. I suppose the rest is history? Well, shortly after I finally found true happiness (although, I knew right where it was the whole time), I made a completely out-of-the-blue choice to move to Utah. Although my original plan was to move to St. George, I shortly after found myself living in the wonderful Raintree Apartments in Provo, UT right off of Freedom Blvd. Greatest decision ever! I moved in with possibly the best roommates I could have imagined. I was definitely lucky in finding them.

Me, Mayli, Morgan, Massiel

From Raintree, I moved to Crestwood and spent the summer working my tail off and making some dollar signs. I really enjoyed Crestwood. I can't say I enjoyed my ward, but it was fantastic nonetheless. From Crestwood, I moved to Roman Gardens. Perhaps the most ghetto place I have lived in thus far, but also the most rewarding I'd say. Here, I am blessed with more wonderful roommates, Alanna and Laura. (Alanna lived with us in Crestwood)

Massiel, Laura, Morgan, Mayli, Alanna, Me

I think out of everywhere I have lived, Raintree was perhaps the most fun, but Roman Gardens has proved to be most rewarding. Some might say its because I am dating the hottest guy in the ward, but I beg to differ. Although that is definitely a plus, I would say it has been my opportunity to serve. I have enjoyed being able to provide service in the ward and outside of the ward. I think it is here that I've learned the most about who I am as a daughter of God. I have learned the importance of education and learning as much as you can. I have learned to be patient. I have learned to give, even when giving is tough.

Most importantly, I have learned that the world keeps spinning...

-Kristin and Brian-





No comments:

Post a Comment