Monday, November 11, 2013

November: A Month of Thanksgiving

November is one of my most favorite months! It marks the beginning of the holiday season and, who doesn't like the holidays?!

I keep trying to get Brian to let me put the Christmas tree up, but he keeps denying my request:( I will just keep pushing though! Who says November 1st is too early? If it were my choice, I'd have the tree up all year round. 

This will be my first Thanksgiving being married but my second with Brian. And I couldn't be happier! I definitely have a lot to be thankful for this year. I have a great husband and it's almost the end of the semester! That means only one more semester left for Brian and one more semester until I can receive my Associate's Degree.

Who would've guessed that I would be in this position? Well, I guess I have surprised myself. Is it okay to be proud of yourself? Because I have no shame in saying that I am proud. I did it! I married the man of my dreams this year, I went back to school (and did really well) and bought a new car. Yeah, I know. My family should be shocked. You see, I haven't been the best with money in my life. But when I moved to Utah, somehow that all changed. I don't know what happened to be honest. I will always be the baby of my family. And no matter what I do, my immediate family will always worry about me. But, no need to worry anymore guys. I have grown up...like for reals this time. No more irresponsible actions on my part. (well, maybe a few:)) Anyhow,  just stop your worrying!

On that note, here are a few things I am thankful for:


I am thankful for these guys, my family. 




I am thankful for my new family.


I am thankful for my [goofy] friends.


I am thankful for missionaries.


I am thankful for temples and eternal families.


I am thankful for my job.


I am thankful to live here, where the sky is purple.


I am thankful for a healthy husband.


And though the list goes on and on, one of the things I am most thankful for is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Without that, all of these things wouldn't have been possible. 

Check out what I am talking about here.

Also, check out this educational video that Brian did!


No comments:

Post a Comment